“You go into the woods, not thinking this will ever happen, legally and humanely go after a bear you shot, and it turned bad,” said Craig Lindstrom, of Wyoming, Minnesota."
Ahem "you go into the woods, not thinking this will ever happen"
"legally"
"and humanely"
"go after a bear you shot and it turned bad."
For anyone who hasn't read the article, they shot the Bear with a Bow and Arrow.
Ok so, I'm not the best person to talk about the best way to kill an animal for fun, but I know how big a bear is and I know how accurate you would have to be to kill it with a bow and arrow.
They clearly weren't accurate or a decent shot.
The article states that they waited 4-5 hours then decided to follow the bears blood tracks, to see if it was dead.
You know in horror movies, when people go to check if the murderer is actually dead, and they aren't, and then wind up being murdered again.
Well, this is kind of like that.
So they p*ssed the bear off by shooting it with an arrow, the bears not dead, then the bear's like "it was you mo'fo'" and goes hellfire on the douche who shot him. Most people would think "hmm, fair do's".
As you would imagine, animals that have been injured show more aggression than those not sporting any injuries. It's kind of like, common sense really!
The bear mauls its attempted murderer, so then the others decide to stab him with a knife to get him off. Where's the logic?? I know they're 'murican's but still...
Anyway, I don't think the bear was aware of the 'legality' of being shot; I'm pretty sure he wasn't forwarded hunting legislation for a read through before being attacked.
Also, I wouldn't class bow and arrows or stabbing an animal with a knife, as 'humane'. Craig doesn't seem to understand the word humane, but is using it so the Feds don't knock on his door and say "Now, 'bout your hunting technique... Wasn't really humane was it!.. Or legal for that matter".
And no sh*t Sherlock, it was always going to turn bad.
I want to say the bear got away but Craig later said in the article, they went on and killed the bear and are hoping to mount it's head as a reminder of their friend nearly being mauled to death.
They also hope he's going to get better for deer hunting season.
They also reiterate that it's not about the hunt, it's about being outdoors and camaraderie.
Whatever happened to just camping???
...maybe this would've been a safer option!!!
...maybe this would've been a safer option!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment